Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stir-Fried Beef with Broccoli and Bell Peppers

Here’s another healthy recipe I found in the pages of Cooking Light magazine.  I have realized that we eat a lot of the same types of foods in our house – this recipe contains broccoli and peppers, two things that I know I have blogged about before.  But they’re healthy and delicious, so I guess there’s nothing wrong with that!  However, I just might have to change it up a little bit soon.  Nothing too crazy, or Greg won’t eat it!  This recipe combines meat, veggies, and grains, making it an easy one-dish meal.


Stir-Fried Beef with Broccoli and Bell Peppers adapted from this recipe in Cooking Light.

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 pound flank steak
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3/4 pound frozen cut broccoli
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
Hot cooked white rice 

Here’s how to make it:

Cut steak in half lengthwise, and then cut each half across the grain into 1/8 inch thick slices.  Combine meat with 2 tablespoons soy sauce, garlic, and black pepper.  Mix well.  Cover and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.  Sometimes I even leave it in there overnight.

 
Combine water, remaining soy sauce, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.

 
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add beef mixture to the skillet.  Cook until browned, stirring occasionally.  Once browned to your liking, remove from heat and set aside. 

Add broccoli to the skillet and allow it to cook until tender crisp.  Add the red bell pepper slices to the skillet.  Stir and cook for about a minute.  Add the beef mixture to the skillet.  Stir in the water/soy sauce/crushed red pepper mixture.  Cook until heated through.  Serve over the hot cooked rice.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Nice recipe! I think my kids will like this dish. I will definitely add this recipe to my favorite cook book. Thank you for sharing!

    Recipes For Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete